22 Nov 2011

MAC Studio Fix Foundation - Review

Hey girls!

I haven't done a MAC review in a while so I thought it was about time I get one wapped out for all you to read and let me know what you think!




PRODUCT:
MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15 SPF15

STATEMENT:

"A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum..."

PRICE: 
£19.50 - 30ml/1.0 fl oz
£.50 per 10ml


REVIEW: 
Firstly the smell of the foundation is quite strong but it is a smell however luckily it doesn't linger on the skin after appliance. Being quite pale skinned this colour of foundation (NW15) is quite warm toned and helps add colour and life into my face. The consistency is as it is described, fluid, although I would say it had a slight heavy touch to it in comparison to the Select Foundation. I have experimented with various methods of appliance such as with fingers, without primer etc and found that if used with my foundation brush, along with my MAC Prep&Prime, it looked flawless and natural. When I haven't moisturised my face the foundation can tend to clog up on the dry patches or around spots which makes them have a 'crusty' appearance. The Studio Fix works well with my Select Moisturecover concealer as it makes it helps highlight my face and give a natural radiant look. The foundation can stay put for a good 10-12hours with a touch-up of bronzer/powder. The coverage can be built up for a night time look, however I do warn you to be careful as it can tend to look orange and give an oily appearance. If I were to repurchase this again I would perhaps pick a paler colour in order to avoid a cakey feeling. 






Do you like MAC foundations?
What is your favourite product?

2 comments:

  1. I think I forgot to tell you, but I went to the MAC store, and the lightest shade of this foundation was too orange for me! Still on the hunt for the perfect foundation, I've heard good review about Estee Lauder Doublewear but it's like £27 a bottle!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is actually the lightest colour they do, i wish they did a lighter one though, theyre all too orange for me!

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of you're comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. Much Love!