1 Nov 2011

MAC Prep & Prime Skin - Review

Hello fellow Bloggers!

Today I bring you all a review of my MAC freebie. This little beauty has been in my life for around 3 weeks now and boy am I impressed! So less of the chit-chat and more of the "is it any decent" talk!



PRODUCT:
MAC Prep & Prime Skin.

STATEMENT:
"An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder."

PRICE: 
£18.00 - 30ml / 1.0 us fl oz
£60.00 per 100ml

REVIEW: 
The consistency of the product is very light and has a nice velvety touch, which means that once applied to the face it then feels soft and fluent unlike some primers that can sometimes leave the skin feeling heavy and tight. A couple of small dots placed on the cheeks, forehead, chin and nose are sufficient enough to achieve full coverage. After applying foundation, my face looked refreshed and almost flawless; and helped my make-up remain intact for a good 10 hours. The Prep & Prime Skin stays true to its claims as it does banish any extra oiliness and evens out my skin tone. 
Due to this being a small freebie it is slowly but surely running out however I would happily repurchase this again and fully recommend to anyone! It has now become a staple product within my make-up bag and I intend to order it online once my sample has ran out. 


Have you tried this product before?
Any favourite primer recommendations?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good, I'll have to give this a try for myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really oily skin so need to find a primer that helps with this, quite a few of them just make it worse. Will have to pick some of this up next time I'm in the UK! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am gonna buy this next week thanks to your review!! :) yay! fingers crossed I've finally found a face primer!



    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally tempted to buy this after reading such a positive review! Definitely checking it out next time I'm near a MAC store :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any chance you could review the MAC foundations that you own? Through reading your posts you sound like you have similar skin to mine, and I'm considering buying some MAC products at the weekend. Thanks for following by the way! Strangely, you sound like you have a lot of the same goals in life and interests as me. For example, journalism and I <3 t-shirt's(I thought I was the only one!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I like my primer I use at the moment but this may have convinced me to purchase! Great review, thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of you're comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. Much Love!