9 Nov 2011

Alzheimer's Society

If you have ready my Monday Mayhem you will know of my Granda passing away over the weekend. To me he was a true inspiration, having fought in the war for his country, worked hard to feed his ten children and finally becoming a grandfather and great-grandfather to over 25 children. He has taught me and many of my cousins right from wrong, good from bad and many more life morals that will stay with us for the rest of our lives. He was a handsome, caring, giving, loving and most of all loyal man which sometimes is hard to come across nowadays. I am honoured to have had him in my life for nearly 18 years now and I will always cherish my memories of him.


A few years back he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. It is the most common form of dementia and is a disease that cannot be cured which becomes worse as it progresses and eventually leads to death. As the disease advances, symptoms can include confusion, irritability and aggression, mood swings, trouble with language, and long-term memory loss. As the sufferer declines they often withdraw from family and society. Gradually, bodily functions are lost, ultimately leading to death. Since the disease is different for each individual, predicting how it will affect the person is difficult. It develops for an unknown and variable amount of time before becoming fully apparent, and it can progress undiagnosed for years. Because Alzheimer's Disease cannot be cured and is degenerative, the sufferer relies on others for assistance. 
On average, the life expectancy following diagnosis is approximately 7years. 
Fewer than 3% of individuals live more than 14years after diagnosis
There are currently 750,000 people with dementia in the UK yet only 40% of people with dementia receive a diagnosis.

I have not written this post to make you feel bad, I have wrote it in hope that you will be able to help me. I have started making alphabet bracelets in order to sell them and donate half of the money to Alzheimer's Society
They will be available to purchase from my shop starting from today and I will continue to replenish my stock as long as I have the demand.



• variety of beads
• variety of embroidery thread
• £2.40 inc P&P to UK
• £2.40 plus 60p P&P to International
• custom made
• up to 8 letters
• in time for Christmas
• sent every Tuesday & Thursday
• half of each sale is donated to Alzheimer's Society









No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single one of you're comments so thank you for taking the time to leave one. Much Love!