On Tuesday night I was one of many who tuned into Channel 4 to watch Gok Wan help three teenagers become confident and learn to love their own bodies. This hit me hard as I admit to being one of those girls who browses thinspiration blogs, looking enviously at all those tanned, slim, tall girls. It does make me want to have bodies like theirs however it doesn't drive me to hatred of my own body or watch my calorie count luckily. I really feel passionate about these blogs being banned because no-one should ever have to be made to feel the way many people do about themselves. The lovely Amy from Flaws and All has come up with an ingenious idea called 'Project Perfect', which aims to help boost the moral of girls and boys all over the blogesphere.
1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.
Reason why I like this photo:
- I really like this photo - it's casual and I was really happy because I just had my make-up done!
Three things I don't like about myself, but turned into positives:
- I have quite a large dimple in my chin but people say it gives my face a lovely shape and is a strong, defined feature of my face.
- One of my teeth is set higher than the rest giving me an unusual smile yet I always get compliments saying that it's unique and adds to the charm of my personality.
- My skin is extremely pale, even Casper the ghost is jealous of my skin colour. However I know that some people prefer the natural, pale skin some even see it as a classy vintage look.
Three things I like about myself:
- Over the past two years I've gained weight but it's made me learn to love my curves and embrace them; even my sister wants my "ghetto booty".
- My chubby cheeks fill my little face out and give me the cute "chipmunk" look as my friends call it.
- I really like my piercing blue eyes because they look all sparkly and bright.
If you would like to participate in this project then please carry on this post, tell friends, encourage others and then link back to the Project Perfect page and let Amy know so she can publish your post for all to see and appreciate.
Lots of love to you all!